Each SJT question follows the same basic structure:
- The SJT question starts with a situation description. This can be either:
- A video showing a situation
- An image showing and/or describing a situation
- A text describing a situation
- A question asking the candidate about the situation
- Three answer possibilities are possible to present. Each describing a reaction to the question concerning the situation.
- Choosing best & worst reaction from a set of predefined responses. A candidate both provides what they think is the 'best' and 'worst' response to the situation.
- Optional: extra information might be available related to the SJT question that can provide more insight. This information can be accessed by clicking on the the button. In this example the button has the text: 'Check System' on it. This might show an image that represents part of the system available to an employee.